We welcome you in any of our dozens of drop-in group exercise classes held each week. For a list of classes, click the “group exercise schedule” link at the bottom of any page on this site.
The health and safety of our members is our number one priority. Here’s how to get the most from your group exercise experience.
prepare for class
- Wear comfortable/athletic clothing such as shorts, T-shirts, light clothing. (No jeans, scrubs, skirts, or heavy clothing).
- Studio temperatures are kept cool. It is recommended that you wear long layers that can be removed once exercise begins.
- Wear soft-soled, closed-toe gym shoes (except in water aerobics, yoga, Pilates, etc). Black soled shoes are not permitted in the studios. Sandals, heeled shoes, boots, etc., are not appropriate.
- Wear a swimsuit for water aerobics.
first time in class?
- Please notify the instructor BEFORE class if it is your first time attending so your instructor can set you up for a safe and successful workout.
arrive 10 to 15 minutes early
- Class sizes are limited. Pick up a studio card at the member services desk when you arrive for a class to ensure your spot.
- Please refrain from picking up more than one card. Cards should be given out one per person on a first come, first serve basis.
- Set up your equipment. Please refrain from setting up for other members.
- Turn off all cellular phones, beepers, and pagers.
- For your safety, it is important to warm up before beginning any workout. Admission to class will conclude 5 minutes after class has started.
- It is strongly recommended you drink plenty of water before, during, and after class.
Group Exercise classes are designed for adults unless specifically noted. If you are considering bringing a child under the age of 13 to class, please follow these age guidelines:
- All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Body & Dance Classes (ages 10+)
- Body & Mind Classes (ages 10+)
- Body & Water Classes (ages 10+)
- Body & Cardio Classes (ages 13+)
- Body & Strength Classes (ages 13+)
- It is important that you do a cool/down and stretch before leaving class. Please notify the instructor BEFORE class if you need to leave early.
- Please talk to the instructor BEFORE class about any injuries or limitations so the instructor can provide you with exercise modifications.
- If you are pregnant, taking medication, or have a medical condition that may affect your performance in class, please notify the instructor BEFORE class.
- Please alert the instructor immediately if you become dizzy, nauseous, or extremely fatigued during class.
- Horseplay is not tolerated. We reserve the right to dismiss anyone from class who is disruptive or acts in a way that could be harmful to themselves or others.
- Adding variety to your workouts keeps your body challenged. Don’t be afraid to try different formats.
- Access the mobile group exercise schedule anywhere so you never miss a workout. Start by scanning the code at right.
- The online group exercise class calendar allows you to add classes to your personal calendar. Just click on the day or class you’d like to take, then click on “Add to my Calendar.”