City of Mason – Park & Recreation Department
Athletic Complex Usage Policy
Mason athletic complexes are under constant use and demand therefore this policy has been established to offer everyone an opportunity to submit usage proposals.
Request Procedures & Policy
The following procedures apply for scheduling athletic complexes:
- Requests will be accepted only on the Park & Recreation Request Form.
- Fields are available beginning April 1 until October 31 of each year. Requests for fields before or after these dates will be handled on a case-by-case basis and may be subject to added user fees.
- Priority in scheduling will always be given to groups with at least 65% of its participants and coaches that are City of Mason residents, a maximum of two coaches will be counted toward residency; teams under this requirement are subject to additional fees.
Facilities will be scheduled using the following priority list approved by the Parks and Recreation Department:
- City of Mason acquired activities and events
- Mason School District
- Youth recreational organizations
- Youth competitive organizations
- Adult recreational organizations
- Adult competitive organizations
- Single teams
- Requests for tournaments or special events will be handled by the park special event process.
- All park facilities will be maintained at a basic level. An increase in service level can be chosen on the request form.
- Groups utilizing park facilities for games must provide City of Mason staff with complete weekly game schedules prior to game start dates. Field maintenance and use must follow City of Mason maintenance policies.
- The City of Mason reserves the right to postpone or cancel any field or event reservation due to inclement weather or field conditions in City of Mason parks. The City expects the organization will also use best judgement if inclement weather occurs during scheduled field time. Organizations will be responsible for any damage to the park facility or fields that occur during the allocated timeframe.
- In an effort to maximize availability for Community Center Members, court space at Mason Community Center is not available on a rental or drop-in basis for youth sports teams when fields are closed due to inclement weather.
- Community Center Members and daily users are not permitted to conduct private instruction on an individual or team basis, even if day passes are purchased or guest passes are used.
- Any organized clinic, training or practice must be coordinated with staff at Mason Community Center.
- Special requests may be accommodated, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Violation of regulations in park or joint use areas may lead to groups and/or individuals being ejected or banned from further use of park areas.
- Use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Permits for signs, tents and banners must be approved by the City of Mason prior to posting.
- The email addresses, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must be added to each organization’s email lists for updates, schedule changes and organization information.
- Passwords to view scheduling charts should be given to designated City of Mason staff members prior to usage of fields.
- Charging a fee for parking in any Mason park is strictly prohibited. Organizations are permitted to charge a spectator gate fee as long as it does not restrict public access to park amenities.