Trash collection in the City of Mason is contracted by the city on behalf of all residential customers. The city, representing the 11,500 or more households in the city, holds significant opportunities to seek the best collection rate based on the number of customers who will benefit. Households in unincorporated areas that must find their own trash hauler typically pay about $22 or more per month, whereas city residents pay about two thirds of that amount.
The city’s current residential waste hauler is Rumpke.
- To provide adequate time for collection, trucks may start at 5 a.m.
- Please set your garbage out at the curb after 6 p.m. on the night before your scheduled pickup day.
- Trash is collected on regular routes, Monday through Friday. The only days trash will not be collected are Christmas and New Year’s Day. Customers whose regular collection day is on one of these holidays or later that same week will have their trash picked up a day later.
- If you have an unusually large amount of trash or large items, please call Mason Utility Customer Service at 513.229.8533. This will allow Rumpke to plan for the increased amount and help keep crews on schedule.
- Trash cans or bags can be up to 32 gallons in size and up to 75 pounds in weight. Please call Mason’s Utility Customer Service at 513.229.8533 if you have questions about your trash pickup.
- Drivers are not permitted by law to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials, and hazardous materials. Please contact Warren County’s Solid Waste Management District for a comprehensive list of recycling/disposal outlets for antifreeze, batteries, books, cell phones, computer equipment, fluorescent lamps, metals, motor oil, paint, paper, propane tanks, refrigerators, tires, and more.
- Please use standard trash containers. Drums, barrels, and yard and household containers that are not acceptable will be removed as trash and not replaced. Please do not use cardboard boxes as trash containers. Items left near the curb on trash day (bicycles, wheelbarrows, etc.) will be assumed to have been placed for pickup.
- Loose materials such as lumber or shrubbery that cannot be chipped by city crews must be bundled and tied for trash pickup. Please do not let bundles exceed 4 feet in length, 2 feet in diameter, and 75 pounds in weight.
- Bulky materials such as drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt, and rocks will not be picked up.
- 95-gallon Rumpke waste wheelers are available for rent or purchase from Rumpke at 800.582.3107.
- Rumpke is one of the midwest’s largest recyclers. Office paper, corrugated cardboard, junk mail, and magazines can be placed in your recycling container along with glass, plastic in the shape of a bottle or jug, cartons, and cans.
- For a complete list of recyclables, please open or print the flyer or visit Rumpke’s web site.
- Place your recycling container at the curb on regular trash collection days.
- 65-gallon recycling carts with wheels and a lid can be obtained from Rumpke at no charge if your home is without one. Please call Mason’s Utility Customer Service at 513.229.8533 to obtain a cart.
- If you move, please do not take your wheeled recycling cart with you. It should remain at your old address.
- To check on how to dispose of other appliances, please call Mason Utility Customer Service at 513.229.8533.
- We encourage you to take advantage of the city’s brush collection and leaf pickup programs, and to compost if you can.
- Other yard waste not suitable for these methods can be placed at the curb for Rumpke as part of your regular trash. No sticker is required.